How well do you know Italian fashion design? Test your IQ (Italian fashion Quotient) below!
- What Italian designer is known for his use of bold reds?
- For what major Italian fashion house is Allesandro Michele currently the Creative Director?
- What 1980s TV show featured men’s clothing by Giorgio Armani?
- Pitti Uomo is a) a famous museum in Rome, b) a 200-year-old textile factory in Como, or c) men’s fashion week in Florence?
- What fashion house is known for its “zig-zag” knits?
- Dolce & Gabbana derives inspiration from what region of Italy? a) Tuscany, b) Sicily, or c) Milan?
- The house of Cavalli is best known for its designs in a) silk, b) wool, or c) leather?
- Who is known as “the prince of prints”?
- Miu Miu, known for its youthful designs, is a fully owned subsidiary of what major fashion house? a) Versace, b) Prada, or c) Gucci
- The province of Como is known for its long history of __________ production. Is it a) prosciutto, b) prosecco, or c) silk?
- Miami Vice
- Emilio Pucci
How did you do?
0-3 correct: You could do with a little Italian fashion coaching. Now’s a great time to sign up for the study abroad course in Florence next summer.
4-6 correct: You’re on your way to being an Italian fashionista but could use some brushing up. Why not go to the source and join us in Italy?
7-10 correct: You’re a bit obsessed with Italian fashion, but that’s okay—so are we!!
Tell us how you did in the comments!