Besides the classes we offer in the summer, consider these ideas to continue growing your skills.
- Find and practice new sewing techniques.
- Find and practice new pattern-making techniques.
- Work on fitting a friend.
- Go snoop shopping and find fun designer details. Then go home and try to emulate them.
- Read a book on fashion.
- Watch a movie and consider the fashion.
- People watch in a busy place.
- Go to a museum for inspiration from the artwork.
- See a fashion exhibit at a museum.
- Go shopping for fabric.
- Repurpose an item of clothing you no longer wear.
- Practice sketching and illustrating.
- Try out a new tool.
- Check out how your favorite store (fashion or not) merchandises their products.
- Flip through a fashion magazine.
- Connect with another student or two to discuss what you’ve learned.
Which ideas do you think you’ll use?