Glenn Tojoy was in town and dropped by to visit us and see our current student’s tailoring work. He shared with us about his current work in an interview.

Cañada Fashion Department (CFD): What are you currently doing?
Glenn Tojoy (GT): I am the business owner of an online clothing retailer www.dappersrow.com as well as a bespoke sportcoat service www.tojoynyc.com.

CFD: What are you fashion goals?
GT: I aspire to establish a business in serving working professionals and the entertainment industry. I also want to build a clothing manufacturing company to serve other clothing brands.

CFD: How did Cañada play a role in getting you to where you are now?
GT: The program helped me prepare with technical skills. I needed to train and work overseas as a custom tailor. The program gave me a structure to help define and refine my brand’s style.

CFD: Anything else you’d like to add?
GT: This quote from MLK, “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk. if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward.” Also, if you love what your do, you’re going to find ways to get better every time.

Thanks, Glenn. We have enjoyed watching your progress and continue to be inspired by what you’ve accomplished.

A bespoke jacket from TojoyNYC.
A bespoke jacket from TojoyNYC.