The Designer Techniques class were lucky to hear from Dorothy Kaplan on color blocking recently. Enjoy these images of her work and a few tidbits from her talk.
- For Dorothy, it makes her feel powerful to wear bold clothing.
- She likes experimenting with design plans by drawing them in paper first.
- She utilizes her fabric remnants in many of her designs.
- For her, a big challenge is finding complementary weight fabric.
- She introduced the idea of texture blocking or using similar color fabrics with various textures.