We think the Cañada College Fashion Design and Merchandising Department is top notch. One of the things we value is our proximity to the San Francisco Bay Area fashion industry. Our students often pull from their experiences in internships, jobs, and/or local fashion exposure as well as their class lectures to complete their assignments. Our students have so many opportunities to connect with local fashion industry professionals and ask questions about the industry in addition to being exposed to various fashion-related job opportunities.
- We regularly have industry guests come and speak.
- Annually on the last Saturday in September, we host over 60 designers for Artistry in Fashion, a one-day designer sale and two fashion shows. This event also raises funds for our department and student scholarships!
- Many of our instructors work in the industry in addition to teaching.
- Annually, we design and host a fashion show of our students’ work.
- Our classroom space enables our students to work and network outside of classes.
- Several of our classes take field trips to local designer showrooms, factories, theaters, and other fashion-related venues.
- Local designers and fashion events regularly recruit our students for paid learning positions.