Play It Again
Fashion as Art!
Repurpose – Recycle – Re-use
Create new designs from used materials of some form – repurposed fabric/fibers, repurposed found objects (not new). Go to thrift stores, your friends’ closets or your own closet. 10% of the materials used in this garment can be new. Please do not purchase stacks of paper products for this contest garment. Think fun and frivolous! Be inspired by Project Runway.
- A garment that covers and fits one of the department dressforms.
- Garments should be able to be easily removed from the dressforms (think about closures – zippers, buttons, etc.).
- 90% of this garment must be made from repurposed materials (fabric/fibers/clothing items, etc).
- Before and after pictures, of the materials used and the finished garment, must accompany the entry.
- A brief write up of the process, the inspiration and materials used must accompany the entry.
- One entry per person.
Garments must be completed and submitted with pictures & write up by:
3 pm on Thursday, April 16, 2015
Guest judges will evaluate the garments based on:
- Quality of Construction
- How the garment meets the requirements listed above
Winners will be announced at a Tea – 3 pm on Friday, May 1, 2015