Denim

Spring Break is the perfect opportunity to work on your project for the Repurposed Denim competition.

Requirements for Design students:

  • An outfit that covers and fits the size 10 dress forms.
  • Garments should be able to be easily removed from the dress forms.
  • The entire ensemble must be at least 60% repurposed denim, 20% other repurposed materials a total of 80% of materials will come from repurposed items.
  • All denim must come from an existing garment. New denim yardage is not allowed.
  • A before picture of the garments being repurposed should accompany the garment.
  • One entry per person

Garments will be judged on creativity, construction, and if it meets the requirements above.

Requirements for Merchandising students:

  • Create and install a visual display on a bulletin board in our department. Boards must be assigned by the Fashion office in person or by email.
  • Relate it back to denim and repurposing materials
  • One entry per person.

Boards will be judged on creativity, neatness, and if it meets the requirements above.

Merchandising Board

You may enter in both the Design and the Merchandising competition. All entries are due by 3pm on Thursday, April 17, 2014.

Prizes!

1st place (2) $100 winners (1 in Fashion Design and 1 in Fashion Merchandising)

2nd place (2) $75 winners (1 in Fashion Design and 1 in Fashion Merchandising)

We are excited to have a celebration tea on Friday, May 2 at 3pm to announce the winners and honor all of the entries. Please plan to attend. Sign up in the classroom or email Peggy to RSVP for the tea.

Tea