Ronda Chaney

Ronda Chaney began her career at Cañada College  in the Spring of 1978 as the Tailoring instructor. She still teaches this course, and it is a course our students love to take. As time passed and the department began to evolve, Ms. Chaney began teaching more and more classes.

In 1991, the program started its metamorphosis into what it is today. With the help of its newly formed Advisory Board, the department started teaching a more well-rounded assortment of classes including: Illustration, Fashion History, Draping, and Patternmaking. Now, many of these courses are core to our four certificate options.

One of the unique components of our program is the inclusion of a Theater Costuming Certificate. Most schools separate Fashion Design and Costuming, while the Cañada Fashion Department sees the value in keeping them together.

Our most recent certificate program is Merchandising.

Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments

• Thank you Ronda for sharing your knowledge and passion of the sewing art with me and many, many others. You have made an impact on the way I sew and think about new projects permanently.

• Ronda has inspired me to be a better sewist. I am grateful for having found a teacher who compels me to work at my best.

• The Fashion Department wouldn’t be half of what it is without Ronda’s dedication and leadership. She is the reason that the program has developed and improved so much over the years. Cañada has been extremely fortunate to have had Ronda at the helm.

• Ronda is very knowledgable and it is clear that loves teaching. Taking classes in this program is one of he best things in my life. It is such a treat to have the opportunity to learn from teachers who love what they do.